- Each team must consist of 1-4 members above the age of 18.
- All work related to the Hackathon must be submitted online.
- Coaches will host open office hours for mentoring/guidance.
- Teams can repurpose an idea they had before the event that will help innovate the problem statement as long as they do not re-use code from their previous idea.
- Adding new features to existing projects is allowed. Judges will only consider new functionality introduced or new features added during the Hackathon to determine the winners.
- Teams can use libraries, frameworks or open-source code in their projects.
- Due to the large number of submissions, source code may or may not be compiled as part of the judging process.
- Teams are not allowed to make any changes or add new features during judging.
- To be eligible for prizes over $600 USD in value, participant must have a Social Security Number (SSN), Tax Identification Number (TIN), or National Identification Number.
- If you are located outside of the U.S., a cash equivalent may be awarded instead of a physical prize.
- ELC reserves the right to provide cash or cash equivalent of a prize in the event a product is not available in a country or area, or shipping restriction prevents delivery.
CODE OF CONDUCT
All participants must:
- Be inclusive. We welcome and support people of all backgrounds and identities. This includes but is not limited to members of any sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social and economic class, educational level, color, immigration status, sex, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, and mental and physical ability.
- Be considerate. We all depend on each other to produce the best work we can as a team.
- The integrity and authenticity of participant work is something that we take seriously and check using a variety of technologies. Copying the work of others, allowing others to knowingly copy a participant's work, and/or misusing content from the Internet could result in removal from the Hackathon.
- ELC reserves all the rights to remove any participant from the Hackathon at any point without any prior notice if found violating Hackathon rules.
- While asking queries and questions to the mentors and speakers, please be respectful.